Creating a Requisition (VC17)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for creating a requisition in ctcLink.
Audience: ctcLink staff
Local business practice determines the requirements for adding requisition information. The following guide presents the basic procedure in ctcLink. The ability to create requisitions is assigned to faculty and staff by their associated college.
Navigation: Main Menu > Purchasing > Requisitions > Add/Update Requisitions
- From the Requisitions page, click the Add a New Value tab.
- The appropriate Business Unit will prefill. Leave the default value of NEXT in the Requisition ID field.
- Click Add.
- Enter a Requisition Name (if required by local business practice).
- Enter the required information (designated by an asterisk*) in the Header section (Requester, Requisition Date, and Currency Code). Most of these values will prefill and will not need to be changed.
- On the Details tab of the Line section, enter the Item ID of the item to be purchased. If the Item ID is unknown, use the search function:
- Click the magnifying glass icon next to the Item field; the first 300 items available for purchase will be displayed.
- Use the three search fields at the top of form to narrow your search. For example, to search for items that contain the word science in their description, change the dropdown next to the Description field to contains and type science into the search field.
- Click the Lookup button to display results.
- Click the Item ID of the item you wish to purchase. The selected Item will be transferred to your requisition line.
- Enter the Quantity and expected Price.
- To add a second item for purchase, click the plus sign to the right of the current line.
- Respond to the prompt for the number of rows to add and click the OK button.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 for each requisition line.
- Click the Ship To/Due Date tab in the Line section.
- Enter an expected Due Date and verify the Ship To address.
- If you are ready to submit the requisition for approval, click the Approve icon at the top of the page.
- Note the Requisition ID for future reference.