Student Self-Service: Using Shopping Cart
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for enrolling in classes using Shopping Cart in ctcLink.
Adding Classes Using Shopping Cart
Navigation: Gateway → Student Center
Shopping Cart is an organizational tool to help students create potential course schedules before processing the enrollment. Courses in the shopping cart are not enrolled until the shopping cart is confirmed and submitted.
Note: Shopping cart does not reserve spaces in courses or enroll students in courses. Students will enroll in eligible courses after adding them to Shopping Cart.
- In the Academics section, click the Enroll link.
- Find Classes using Class Search, My Requirements, or My Planner. Instructions for each option are provided below. Additional Information is available in the Using My Planner quick reference guide.
- Step 1 of 3, Select Classes to add.
- Select Class Search to use search criteria to find available courses by subject, career, days of week, time offered, instructor’s name, and other options.
- Select My Requirements to view courses that are required for your selected program. Click the course name to view details and add the course to your planner or shopping cart.
- Select My Planner to select from courses previously added to your planner.
- Place a checkmark next to the courses you want to add then click the enroll button.
Note: Courses can remain in the shopping cart until you are ready to complete the enrollment process however, this does not save a space in the course. The Status column indicates current availability.
To Complete the Enrollment Process
- When all courses are added to the shopping cart, click Proceed to Step 2 of 3.
- Confirm classes and click Finish Enrolling.
- Step 3 of 3, view the results. A green check confirms that you are enrolled in a course. A red X means there are problems with your enrollment. Review the errors and/or contact registration or your advisor for additional assistance.
- Click the My Class Schedule button to view all of your enrolled courses for a specific term.