Reporting and Processing Compensatory Time
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for reporting and processing compensatory time in ctcLink.
Audience: Time & Labor Administrators and Managers
- Time can be reported on behalf of employees by the Managers and Time Admins
- Time Reporting Codes (TRCs) – Compensatory Time Earned (CTE), Compensatory Time Taken (CMP), Compensatory Time Paid (CTP) & Compensatory Time Adjust (CTA) are the compensatory TRCs available for Time Admins for reporting via Manager Self Service.
- Compensatory Time Adjust (CTA) is the TRC available for use to adjust the time. Either a positive or a negative time entry is allowed with the intention of allowing to adjust the compensatory time.
- Managers have access to Compensatory Time Earned (CTE) & Compensatory Time Taken (CMP)
NOTE: The compensatory time earned is multiplied by 1.5 to result in total compensatory hours available. When 1 hour of CTE is entered 1.5 hours of compensatory time is earned and added to the leave compensatory time balance.
Navigation: Manager Self Service > Time Reporting > Report Time > Timesheet
- Enter the Employee ID or Time Reporter Group
- Select Get Employees
- Select Last Name
- Enter the Time and the TRC
- Select the Submit button
Processing Compensatory Time: Time & Labor Admins, Managers
1. The compensatory time earned in one period is available for use in the next period
2. The CTE hrs entered on the timesheet is multiplied by 1.5 and then added to the leave and compensatory time balance so, while adjusting/paying them out please consider the 1.5 multiplier
3. Each fiscal year, it is required for colleges to pay out the compensatory time (06/30), thus it is advised that compensatory time is NOT entered as EARNED in the last week/day of June.
4. The leave and compensatory balance needs to be zero at 06/30 each end of fiscal year. Co-ordination with payroll department/office for the compensatory payouts is necessary
5. Mid- term / in between calendar period changes to the employee compensatory plan enrollment are NOT advised
NOTE: If the entry is made on a day when the employee took a full day absence, Time Administration will generate exception TLX01700 (TLX01700: Time is reported with
Time Reporting Code CTA for Full day Absence
Once the Compensatory time is entered. Time Administration process needs to be run manually.
Navigation: Main Menu > Time and Labor > Process Time > Request Time Administration
- Check the box Use Reported Time for POI
- Enter 6/30/(year of processing ) in Process through Date if processing at the end of the fiscal year OR enter the pay calendar end date OR current date.
- Enter Employee ID in the section Employees To Process
- Select Include from the *Include or Exclude Selection drop down
- Select Run button
- Select OK in Process Scheduler Request
- Select Process Monitor link to monitor the process and verify it completes successfully
- Navigate to employee's Timesheet to verify Leave/Compensatory Time Recorded Balance has been adjusted accordingly.
- Follow the next steps (steps 10-12) to enter the CTP-Compensatory Time Payout
- Enter the Comp Time hours balance in the last day of the pay period
- Select the CTP-Compensatory Time Payout time reporting code from the drop down menu
- Select Submit
NOTE: The Comp Time hours reported using the Time Reporting Code of CTP, in the Timesheet, will pay on the current paycheck. The Comp Time hours balance will be reduced by the hours reported on the Timesheet.