Manual Addition of Supplemental Questions 02c
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to add Supplemental Questions in ctcLink.
Audience: Admissions Staff
Supplemental Questions populate student groups and service indicators for online admissions applications. When entering an application manually these student groups and service indicators must be manually assigned to the student. The chart below shows the codes that need to be assigned.
Adding a Student Group
Main Menu → Records and Enrollment → Career and Program Information → Student Groups
- Look Up Student by ID or Name.
- If a student group has already been assigned click the + sign to add a new student group code.
- Input the following information
- Academic Institution: Input or Look Up.
- Student Group: Input or Look Up the Code.
- Effective Date: Input the date this student group needs to be active. This date may need to be backdated or forward dated to the start of a term to apply to the student in that term.
- Status: When entering a student group this will default to Active.
- Click Save.
- If you need to add additional Student Groups repeat steps 2-4.
Adding a Service Indicator
Main Menu → Campus Community → Service Indicators → Person → Manage Service Indicators
- On the Manage Service Indicators page, enter the relevant search criteria and click Search.
- If necessary, click the appropriate student in the list of search results.
- On the Manage Service Indicators page, click the Add Service Indicator link.
- On the Add Service Indicator page, enter the details of the service indicator:
- Institution: Enter Institution code.
- Service Indicator Code: Enter or Look Up.
- Service Indicator ReasonCode: Enter or Look Up.
- In the Effective Period section:
- Start Term: Enter or Look Up.
- Start Date: Enter or Look Up.
- End Term: Enter or Look Up (Optional).
- End Date: Enter or Look Up (Optional).
- In the Assignment Details section:
- Department ID: This will default from the Service Indicator set-up table.
- Reference: This will default from the Service Indicator set-up table.
- Amount: User can enter a specific amount if the service indicator is connected to a fee the student is required to pay (Optional).
- In the Contact Information section:
- Contact ID: This will link to the user information that displays for the student, if there is a specific staff member the student should contact.
- Contact Person: Allows user to enter a name for a student to contact that may or may not have an associated staff ID in the system.
- Placed Person ID: This will default to the person who added the service indicator code to the student.
- Enter comments about the service indicator for other staff to see.Click Apply.