OAA Submitting an Admissions Application 02c
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to submit an admissions application in ctcLink
Audience: Prospective Students applying to Tacoma Community College (TCC), Spokane Community College (SCC) or Spokane Falls Community College (SFCC) only.
Submitting an Admissions Application
You can find the link to the Online Admissions Application on the college website.
Creating an Account
If you have already created a User Name and Password for the Online Admissions Application (OAA) you can enter your User Name and Password and finish completing your application.
If you forgot your User name or Password follow the instructions at the bottom of this document in the Forgot User Name/Password section.
If you have not created an account for OAA follow the instructions below:
- Select the Create New Account button.
- Create a User Name and Password.
*NOTE: The fields with an asterisk (*) are required fields. Be sure you keep your user name and password and the answers to your security questions in case you need to complete your application at a later time.
- Complete the personal information.
- Complete the Address Information. Select the country by using the magnifying glass or entering the 3 letter country code. Choose the Edit Address link to enter your address.
- Enter your Contact Information.
- Choose your security questions and fill in the answers. Make sure to keep your questions and answers as you will need them if you ever forget your password.
- When you have completed all required information select the Submit button.
Completing the Application
- Check the Bio-Demo Information to make sure it is correct. You will see a green checkmark next to each section in the right hand column as you complete it.
- Before starting the Academic Data Selection section, make sure you have visited the college's website to determine which career, campus, term, program, and plan for which you are applying.
- Select the Academic Institution drop down menu and choose the college of your choice.
- Select the Academic Career drop down menu and choose the academic career of your choice. Once you choose an academic career the Academic Plan and Academic Sub-Plan drop down menus appear.
- Select the Campus drop down menu and choose the appropriate campus.
- Select the Academic Program drop down menu and choose the appropriate academic program.
- Select the Admit Type drop down menu and choose the appropriate admit type.
- Select the Academic Plan drop down menu and choose the appropriate academic plan. Do NOT choose an Academic Sub-Plan.
- Select the Term drop down menu and choose the appropriate term you want to apply.
- Select the Save & Return button at the bottom of the screen. The page will redirect to the main Application page.
If you get the Application Questionnaire screen, choose the box that pertains to you, then select the Continue button.
- Choose the High School/College link and complete the information.
- Choose the Find My School link to select your school.
- Enter at least 3 characters of your school name and select the Search button.
- To narrow the search enter the Country, State or City.
- If your school is not on the list select the Cancel button to go back and enter it manually.
- Use the magnifying glass to get the correct abbreviation for the Country.
- When you have completed the High School information and College Information, if applicable select the Save button.
- Ethnicity Information is not required. If you choose to complete this section make sure you select the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- Choose the Residency link. Answer all of the questions and select the Save button.
- Choose the Citizenship/Passport Information link.
- Complete the Citizenship/Passport Information and the Visa Information if applicable.
- Select the Save button.
The Supplemental Question section is not required. If you choose to complete it make sure you select the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- If you have any documents to upload select the Upload Documents link.
- Choose the document type, enter a description and select the Browse button.
- Select the Choose File button, then select a file and click on the Upload button.
- You will see the file name of the file you uploaded in the File Name field.
- If you want to add another document select the Add button or select the Delete button to remove the file.
- Select the Save button.
- When all of the sections are completed and show green checkmarks, select the Submit Application button.
If you do not see a Submit Application button on the main page, check each section to make sure you completed it correctly.
- You will be taken to the Certification Statement screen.
- Choose the" Yes, I accept" box and then select the Submit button.
- You will get the "Application Successfully Submitted" response.
Forgot User Name/Password
- Select the Forgot my User Name/Password link.
- If you forgot your User Name, select the "Forgot my User Name" link.
- Fill in your date of birth, email address, first and last name and select the Submit button.
If the information you fill in matches what is in the system, you will receive a message that your User Name was sent to your email address.
- If you forgot your Password select the "Forgot my User Name/Password" link.
- Enter your User Name and select the Continue button.
- Fill out your Date of Birth, Email Address and Security Answers. Select the Submit button.
If the system recognizes the information you entered your temporary password will be emailed to you. When you login in with your temporary password you will be asked to create a new password.
If you forgot your user name and password follow the steps above to recover your user name first and then follow the steps to recover your password.