Assigning Evaluation Codes Manually 02f
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for manually assigning evaluation codes in ctcLink.
Audience: ctcLink employees
Navigation: Main Menu → Student Admissions → Application Evaluation → Application Evaluation
To manually assign evaluation codes:
1. On the Application Evaluation page, enter the
a. ID (e.g. 201231468)
b. Academic Institution (e.g. WA171 for Spokane Community College)
c. Academic Career (e.g. UGRD for Academic Career)
2. Click the Search button.
3. On the Application Evaluation page, enter an Evaluation Code in the Evaluation Code field (e.g. NURSING).
If you want this application included the next time the Application Status Update process is run, check the Recalculate Evaluation box.
4. Enter any additional information.
5. Click the Overall Rating tab. Note that the Evaluation Code selected on the Application Evaluation tab will determine which rating components will display on this tab.
6. Enter or edit the information on this tab.
· If a new course, summary, or other material has been added to the record, check the appropriate box.
· Enter Rating Values and check the Evaluated box for each component that has been evaluated.
7. Click the Committee Rating tab.
8. Assign a committee in the Committee field and enter any other information you have, such as evaluation status or overall rating. The Committee field often defaults from the evaluation code on tab 1.
9. Click the Evaluation Status field and select the desired value from Evaluation Statusline items. If you use the Evaluation Code Assignment Process to automatically assign evaluation codes, the process enters the Evaluation Status here. If you do not use the process, you must manually enter the Evaluation Status of this committee’s evaluation. If overall ratings exist on the General Evaluators page for each evaluator, then the system automatically calculates and enters the Overall Rating for the entire committee by averaging the Overall Ratings entered for each evaluator assigned to this evaluation and scheme. You can override this calculation if desired. If you choose not to use rating schemes to evaluate applications, you can enter an Overall Rating manually.
10.Click the Evaluator Rating tab to assign evaluators to an evaluation. Use the Evaluator Rating page to assign evaluators to an application evaluation and record overall ratings for each evaluator. The evaluators can be from a committee or you can choose any person in your database. The individual evaluators’ overall ratings also appear on this page. If you entered a committee on the Application Evaluation Committee page, the first evaluator from that committee appears here and the other committee members are available from the Lookup feature.
11.Enter an Evaluator ID in the Evaluator ID field and any other relevant information. Note that you cannot enter an Evaluator ID unless you have entered a committee on the Committee Rating tab.
12.Click the Evaluation Status field and select the desired value from Evaluation Statuslist items.
13.Click the Save button.
Congratulations! You successfully assigned an evaluation code to an applicant in your database, and entered general information about the evaluation of that applicant.