Creating Prospect Records 02j
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to add a prospect record into ctcLink
Audience: Advising Staff
Main Menu > Student Recruiting > Maintain Prospects > Create/Update Prospects
This QRG adds a prospect record into the system. If this is a new person for ctcLink, you will also need to add the Bio/Demo and Address information. The standard is to enter only the Home address for new prospects. Date of birth is required and should not be fictitious.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Choose your Academic Institution.
- Choose your Academic Career.
- Select the Add button to create a new prospect record.
Reference the Bio/Demo areas of the Campus Community section within the ctcLink Reference Center for entering detailed information.
WARNING: Do NOT overwrite the word NEW in the ID Field if this person was not found in Search/Match. Only if Search Results were returned, will you overwrite ‘NEW’ with the ID returned by Search/Match.
- Enter the Effective Date that the prospect will become active in the system. This will default to the system date. It is recommended NOT to modify this field.
WARNING: Do NOT modify Change Format. This link is used to format the name properly according to country preference. ctcLink will ALWAYS use USA. Changing this field may cause errors for this individual throughout Bio/Demo.
- Enter the First Name and Last Name. Upon completing entry of these fields, ctcLink will format the name and place it in the Name field. (Prefix, Middle, and Suffix are optional. Do not use a period when recording the middle initial.)
- Choose Date of Birth. This is a required field and should not be fictitious. You may not enter an individual into the system without a date of birth.
- Choose Gender. (Female, Male, or Unknown)
WARNING: Do NOT enter a National ID for a prospect (e.g. Social Security Number) without a legal document, such as an application or a copy of a social security card. National ID is also secured by role and changes will be restricted to only a few persons on each campus.
- Select the Phone Type (e.g. Mobile). You may only have one phone number per phone type.
- Enter a Phone Number. Phone numbers can be entered as all digits (e.g. 555-555-1234) to save keystrokes. To add another phone number, insert a new row.
- Select Email Type (e.g. Home).
- Enter an Email Address. All email addresses must adhere to valid email address formats.
- Choose Address Type (e.g. Home). To add other address types, insert rows at this level.
- Select the Edit Address link to add an address.
- Enter the address into the fields. Click the OK button.
- Click the Regional tab.
NOTE: Consult your college’s policy for information on entering military status, visa/permit data, citizenship, or checking the disabled veteran or VA benefit checkboxes on the Regional page.
This information requires documentation that is not usually provided at the prospect level and should not be entered into the system.
- Click the lookup button next to the Ethnic Group field.
- Choose the prospect’s Ethnic Group. Insert another row to add additional ethnic groups.
- Select the Prospect Career Data tab.
- Choose the Admit Term the prospect is considering (e.g. 2157 for Fall 2015). This value will change if they decide to postpone their enrollment or are returning for a subsequent semester. This may be your user default.
- Choose the Admit Type this prospect will enter your institution (e.g FYR for first year student). Values are specific to institution and career, though some values are shared. This may be your user default.
- Choose Campus (e.g MAIN). This may be your user default.
- Choose Academic Load, Academic Level, Housing, and Financial Aid Interest. All are optional.
- Choose Recruiting Status. Values are Applicant, Inactive, Inquiry, Prospect, and Suspect. Each institution and career should determine the definition of an inquiry, a prospect, and a suspect. Status date and created on date will default for you.
- Choose Referral Source and select source if possible (optional). Source Date will populate with the proper date.
- Choose Recruiting Center. This field is required and may be your user default.
- Click the Prospect Program Data tab.
- Choose an Academic Program for the prospect.
- If your institution does not currently offer a program that meets their interest, place the prospect in the Non-Award Seeking program and track this as an academic interest. Campus should default based upon the academic program.
- Choose the proper Recruiting Status for this program.
- Status date will default to the current date. Recruiting center should reflect the value on the Prospect Career Data tab. This may be your user default.
- Choose an Academic Plan for the prospect.
- If you do not know what particular degree a prospect may be seeking, then leave this blank. Leaving plan blank is only acceptable for a prospect.
- Select the Prospect School/Recruiting tab.
NOTE: Regions will be taught on an institution-by-institution basis
- Choose all Recruiting Categories for this prospect. These categories will move to the application if the Move to Application checkbox is checked. This value is defaulted in recruiting category setup.
- Insert all Recruiters for each category. Clearing the recruiters prompt checkbox will limit the recruiters you can choose based upon your recruiter setup.
- Click the Save button to save the prospect.
- ctcLink performs a secondary Search/Match on this prospect to ensure someone else in the system did not add this person to the database. If no match is found, it will assign the next available EmplID. If a match is found, then the following screen is displayed.
- This warning will display at which search order number a potential match was discovered. Generally, the concern for this warning is graver the lower the search order. A match found at search order 20 (First, Last, DOB, National ID) should be investigated whereas a match found at search order 50 (Name only) may not need to be investigated.
- A second warning may appear if a National ID matches exactly with another individual in the database. A match at this level should require investigation, though it should have been caught in Search/Match.
- Press OK to add this person to the database.
- Press Cancel to investigate this individual further.