Build a Run Control ID 11e
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for building a Run Control ID in ctcLink.
Audience: FA Counselor/Technician
Understanding Run Control IDs
To run a report, you must tell the system when and where you want the report to run. For most reports, you must set parameters that determine the content of the report, such as business unit or time period on which to report.
A Run Control is a database record that provides the values for these settings. Instead of entering the same values each time you run a report; you create and save a run control with those settings. The next time you run the report, you select the run control, and the system completes the settings.
For additional information on running reports, review the QRG Running Reports, Jobs and Queries in the For all Employees section of thectcLink Training Website.
The following steps provide an example of setting up a run control for 3C Engine. Run control processes may differ depending upon the job or process that is being run.
Navigation: Main Menu > Campus Community > 3C Engine > Run 3C Engine.
- From the 3C Engine page a user can click Search to find an existing Run Control ID or click Add a New Value to create a new one.
- When the 3C Parameters tab opens, choose a process from the Process 3C’s section (For this example ‘Population Selection’ will be used)
- From here the page will open several sections:
- Event Selection
- Communication Key
- Checklist Code
- Comment Category
- Population Selection
- Enter the information for the desired parameters (For this example, a checklist was chosen to be assigned to a group of students).
- Click the Save button to set the parameters for the Run Control.
- Process Complete