Understanding ISIR Search Match 23b
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to understand ISIR SearchMatch in PeopleSoft.
Audience: FA Counselor/Technician
Navigation: Main Menu > Financial Aid > File Management > ISIR Import > 2014-2015 Suspense Management
- From the ISIR Susp Management 14/15 page enter the Empl ID and select the Search button.
- Select the ISIR Load Information link to view the load and match information.
- The View ISIR Load Information page displays Load Information and School choices.
- The system searches on the match built in ctcLink by reviewing personal data until it finds a match. When the search and match process runs, the program starts with the first order number and moves through the order numbers until it finds a match. It does this with the search parameters built into ctcLink.
- A search parameter is a set of one or more search rules that are ordered sequentially with the lowest (or first) search order level as the most restrictive, and the highest (or last) search order level as the least restrictive.
- The Load Information shows what level a student’s ISIR matched on in the system.
- The example student shows a match of 10 resulting from matching on the following criteria:
- SSN, DOB, Last Name, First Name (See Below)
- The ISIR Inst SearchMatch table houses the parameters set to match an incoming ISIR to a student’s institutional record through their admissions data.
- If the student exists and a match is made, a match level number will be assigned.
- If no match is made on the match level number with the update selected, then the ISIR is suspended.
- A Search/Match can be performed by selecting the Search Match link at the bottom the ISIR Suspense Management 14/15 page.
- From the Search/Match page choose a Search Type of Person and a Search Parameter of FA_ISIR_LOAD then select the Search button.
- Use the Search Result Code: PSCS_TRAD_RESUL (Person Traditional Results).
- Enter the student’s SSN in the National ID field, populate the Date of Birth, Last Name and First Name fields then select the Search button.
- Additional error messages include:
- EFC Mismatch – Controlled through configuration
- Duplicate SSN Indicated – Student has multiple ISIR transactions with the same SSN, but different bio/demo information.
- ISIR Tran Number Out of Sequence – Student has multiple ISIR transactions that were loaded into ctcLink out of sequence.
- Empl ID Not Found - Student does not have an Empl ID in the system
- Review St - The View Packaging Status Summary page is set to complete
- Verification Complete - The Verification status on the View Packaging Status Summary page is complete.