Adding a Communication 11f, 23e
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for adding a communication in ctcLink.
Audience: FA Counselor/Technician
Confirming Award Notification
Navigation: Main Menu Financial Aid View Financial Aid Status
- Enter Student ID, Academic Institution, and Aid Year then click Search.
- Scroll to the Communication section to view the status.
- Process Complete.
Adding a Communication
Navigation: Main Menu > Campus Community > Communications > Person Communications > Communication Management
Note: Set up Communication Speed Keys to perform this task. See the quick reference guide Communication Speed Keys Setup in the Financial Aid section of the ctcLink Training Website.
- From the Communication Management page click the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter the Student ID and click Add.
- Enter FINA in the Function field.
- Populate the Institution field by using the dropdown menu.
- Click the Comm Key lookup tool to choose the desired notification.
- Click Variable Data, enter the Aid Year and click OK.
- Click Save.
- To validate that the Award Notification was generated, navigate to the View Financial Aid Status page using the following steps.