Building a Budget 23c, 23d
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to build a budget in ctcLink.
Audience: FA Counselor/Technician
Building a Budget
Navigation: Main Menu > Financial Aid > Budgets > Create Student Budget
- From the Create Student Budget page, enter the EMPL ID, Institution and Aid Year and click Search
- From the Create Student Budget page insert a new row under Budget Terms To Be Built by clicking the (+) button.
- Use the lookup tool next to the Term field to select the desired term.
- Click Build Budget
- The Move Budget button will highlight, click Detail to view the budget information.
- The Detail link will give a breakdown of the term amounts built. Click OK to proceed.
- Click Move Budget to assign this budget to the student’s record.
- The Move Budget button will grey out once the process is complete.