Awarding an Additional Loan After a PLUS Denial 23k
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to award an additional loan after PLUS denial in ctcLink.
Audience: FA Counselor/Advisor
Awarding Additional Loan
Navigation: Main Menu > Financial Aid > View Packaging Status Summary
- Enter the Student ID, Academic Institution, and Aid Year then select Search.
- Select the Database Matches link.
- Select the Plus Override checkbox then select OK.
- Navigate to the Assign Awards to a Student page:
Main Menu > Financial Aid > Awards > Award Processing > Assign Awards to a Student
- If a PLUS loan has been awarded, cancel the existing award.
- Select the Add a Row button + to add an additional award.
- Select the Action lookup icon and select ‘O’ to offer the award to the student.
- Select the Item Type lookup icon and select the “Unsubsidized DL PLUS Denied” award.
- Enter the desired award amount.
- Select Validate.
- Select Post.