Manually Awarding Financial Aid 23e, 23f
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to manually enter an award in ctcLink.
Audience: FA Counselor/Technician
Navigation: Main Menu > Financial Aid > Award Processing > Assign Awards to a Student
- Enter Student ID, Academic Institution, Aid Year, and click Search.
- From the Assign Awards to a Student page insert a new row by clicking the (+) button.
- Change the *Nbr to adjust the award order in as required by local college policy.
- Use the lookup tool next to the Action field and choose ‘B’ for the award to be offered and accepted or ‘O’ for the award to be offered only then click to update the field
Note: If there is an error, do not choose ‘X’ to discard the award. Instead click the Reset button to restart the process.
- Use the lookup tool next to the Item Type field to choose the desired award, then click the link in the item type field to select this item.
- Enter the dollar amount in the Offered field then press tab to update the Accepted field with the same amount.
- The Disb Plan field will update with ‘09’ to show the disbursement plan is for Summer-Fall-Winter-Spring
- If a different disbursement plan is desired use the lookup tool under Disb Plan to find alternate disbursement plans.
- Use the defaulted Split Code or use the lookup tool to choose the desired code.
- When the award is updated, click the Validate button to update the record.
- Click OK after reading the confirmation message.
- Click Post to complete the process then click OK after reading the confirmation message.
- The award order will change once the award is posted.Process Complete.