Manually Awarding Financial Aid 23e, 23f
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to manually enter an award in ctcLink.
Audience: FA Counselor/Technician
Navigation: Main Menu > Financial Aid > Award Processing > Assign Awards to a Student
- Enter Student ID, Academic Institution, Aid Year, and select Search.
- From the Assign Awards to a Student page insert a new row by clicking the (+) button.
- Change the *Nbr to adjust the award order in as required by local college policy.
- Use the lookup tool next to the Action field and choose ‘B’ for the award to be offered and accepted; or ‘O’ for the award to be offered only, then select to update the field.
Note: If there is an error, do not choose ‘X’ to discard the award. Instead select the Reset button to restart the process.
- Use the lookup tool next to the Item Type field to choose the desired award, then select the link in the item type field to choose this item.
- Enter the dollar amount in the Offered field then press tab to update the Accepted field with the same amount.
- The Disb Plan field will update with ‘09’ to show the disbursement plan is for Summer-Fall-Winter-Spring
- If a different disbursement plan is desired use the lookup tool under Disb Plan to find alternate disbursement plans.
- Use the defaulted Split Code or use the lookup tool to choose the desired code.
- When the award is updated, select the Validate button to update the record.
- Select OK after reading the confirmation message.
- Select Post to complete the process then select OK after reading the confirmation message.
- The award order will change once the award is posted.