Viewing FA Status Page 23
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to view Financial Aid Status page in ctcLink.
Audience: FA Counselor/Technician
Viewing FA Status Page
Navigation: Main Menu > Financial Aid > View Financial Aid Status
- From the Financial Aid Status page enter the Student ID, Academic Institution, and Aid Year then click Search.
- The Financial Aid Status page is a display-only page primarily suited for front office staff to provide a high level assessment of a student’s financial aid application for the aid year and contains the following information:
- App Date: Displays the date that the U. S. Department of Education's Central Processing System (CPS) received the initial application for the Aid year in context. This date never changes, even on subsequent ISIR transactions. This value comes from the most recently loaded ISIR.
- Process Date: Displays the CPS Transaction Processed Date from the most recently loaded ISIR. This date changes with each ISIR transaction.
- Correction Status: Displays the student's current ISIR Correction Status.
- Correction Status Date: Displays the date when the student's current ISIR Correction Status was set.
Packaging Status Summary:
- Package Status: Displays the same data as Aid Processing Status on the Packaging Status Summary page.
- SAP: Displays the same data as Satisfactory Academic Progress on the Packaging Status Summary page.
- Item Code: Displays the Checklist Item Code being tracked.
- Status: Displays the status of the checklist item.
- Method: Displays the type of communication such as letters, emails, phone calls, and personal contact.
- Direction: Displays the direction of the communication.
- Letter Code: Displays a code associated with the context and function selected for this communication.
- Context: Displays the Communication Context for this Communication.
- Unsuccessful Outcome: When checked, indicates the communication was unsuccessful.
- Outcome Reason: Displays the reason the communications outcome was unsuccessful.
- Category: Displays the business need with which this comment is associated
- Comment Date: Displays the date when a comment is entered
- Entered By: Displays who entered the comment
Loan Counseling Status
- Displays the same information as the Loan Counseling data page, but in display-only mode.
FA Term Information
- Displays the term, description, career, academic plan, NSLDS loan year, and Term Source for all built terms for this aid year.
- Group Name: Displays a student group such as ‘Athletes’.
- Term: Displays the term with which the message is associated.
- Msg Type: Displays message type. Values are Error, Informtnl, (Informational), and Warning.
- Msg: Displays the current action taken on the edit message.
- Date Completed: Displays the date the Message Action field was set.
- Msg Code: Displays the Message Code. If the field is hyperlinked, click the hyperlink to open the Maintain User Edit Messages.
- Comments: Click the View link to view Edit Messages Comments.
- TERM: Click to access term information for the student for the aid year. Displays career, primary program, Academic plan and more.
- ISIR Information: Click to access basic ISIR information including Pell ID, SSN, CPS Process Date, and Comment Code links to display ISIR comments.
- Database Matches: Click to display a view-only database matches page from the View Packaging Status Summary page.
- Needs Summary: Click to display the COA, EFC, and total federal aid.
- Pell Information: Links to the same information as the PELL link on the Packaging Status Summary page.
- Request Counselor Action: Click to access the Request Counselor Action page.
- Financial Aid Awarded: Link appears when the student has one or more financial aid awards. Click to access the Financial Aid Awards page and view the student’s financial aid awards.
- Process Complete.