INAS Simulation 23
Purpose: Go through the INAS Simulation via ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Aid staff.
Use the Institutional Needs Analysis System (INAS) Simulation as a work sheet to create different need analysis scenarios before committing the calculation for Need Analysis. The INAS Simulation process retrieves information from the ISIR Correction pages and INAS Federal Extension page. You can also click the Federal Extension link from any INAS simulation page or the setup of your INAS Local Policy Options.
Begin by navigating to the Student Income/Assets page.
Navigation: Main Menu > Financial Aid > Federal Application Data > Simulate 2016-17 INAS
- Enter the desired information into the ID field.
- Enter Institution.
- Select Search button.
Use the Student Income/Assets page to change income and asset values prior to INAS calculation.
When you select the Get Federal Data button, the system copies the student's latest ISIR data to this page.
- Select Get Federal Data button.
The AGI field displays the student's adjusted gross income.
- Select the AGI field and enter the desired information.
- Select the U.S. Tax Paid field and enter the desired information.
- Select the Student Income field and enter the desired information.
- Select the INAS button to recalculate the EFC.
- Select the Use Simulated Data button to move the simulated data into production.
- Select the Yes button in the message prompt box.
To verify and update the correction status, open up a new browser window and navigate to the FAFSA Information page in the ISIR Data Corrections component.)
- Select the New Window link.
Navigation: Main Menu > Financial Aid > Federal Application Data > Correct 2016-17 ISIR records
- Select the ID field and enter the desired information.
- Enter Academic Institution.
- Select the Search button.
Use the FAFSA Information page to verify the correction and to ensure that the Correction Status field is set to Send.
- Select the drop down menu on the Correction Status list. Ensure that the Correction Status field is set to Send. If not, manually flag the student's record as a correction to send to the CPS.
- Select Send from the list.
- Select the Save button.
You have successfully run an INAS Simulation.
End of procedure.