NSLDS FA History Request 23
Purpose: Use this document as a reference on how to process a NSLDS FA History request using ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Aid staff
NSLDS FA History Request
Navigation: Main Menu > Financial Aid > File Management > NSLDS > Process NSLDS Request
- Enter existing or create Run Control ID and select Search or Add on the NSLDS Request page - ON the NSLDS Request page, create the financial history request.
- Enter the following in the Parameters section:
- Aid Year
- School Code
- Branch Code
- File Path
- Under Population selection:
- Verify the Population Selection checkbox is checked.
- Choose PS Query from the Selection Tool drop-down menu
- Query Name: CTC_FA_SB_NSLDS_SUSP_FAH_REQ (Note: Can be used to pull in FA History on students with suspended ISIR’s).
- Select Edit Prompts and enter the following:
- Aid Year
- Under Request Type choose the ‘Financial Aid History only’ radio button.
- Select Preview Selection Results.
- Select Run and OK from the Process Monitor page.
- Select the Refresh button till the process runs to Success and Posted.
Navigate to the path location and verify the file was created.
- Verify that the details in the Message Log file states that the NSLDS Request file <file path name used above> TRNINFIN.## successfully created.
- Sample message: NSLDS Request file /u01/app/psrepo/Interface/CSTRANSFER/WA171/NSLDS2016/ TRNINFIN.02 successfully created.
- Note the TRNINFIN.xx file created to use during the Upload/Download process.
When the TRNINFIN file is created it always creates the file in sequential order for the day. (Example: Trans Monitor TRININFIN1 and FA History TRNINFIN2)
That means that the TRNINFIN file is being overwritten on the server each time the file is generated, so you will not see more than one file on the server for a single institution unless they generated more than one file in a single day.
You have successfully processed a NSLDS FA History request.
End of procedure.