Pell Reconciliation Process (R-207)
Purpose: Use document as a reference to reconcile the R-207 PELL using ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Aid staff
The Pell Reconciliation Report produces two reports: Pell Reconciliation Student Summary Report and Pell Reconciliation Student Discrepancy Reports (A & B). In order to generate these reports, you will need to request the Pell Reconciliation Report from COD (pgrcxxop). The PGRC must be in fixed length format in order to import into ctcLink.
This process import inserts Pell data from COD into the staging tables.
Navigation: Main Menu > Financial Aid > CTC Custom > CTC Reports > Pell Reconciliation File Import
- Enter a New or Existing Run Control ID.
- Select Search.
From the Pell Grants Reconciliation Report page populate the following fields:
- Aid Year
- Select Add Attachment, then Browse to select desired file then select Upload.
*Note For the purposes of reconciliation, institutions will need to use the PGRC file.
- When upload is complete, select Run.
*Note: A file can be viewed or deleted once it is uploaded.
- Select OK from the Process Scheduler Request page.
- Ensure process runs to Success and Posted.
- From the Pell Grants Reconciliation page select Report Manager.
- Selecting the CTC_PELL_RE1-Pell Grant Student Summary Report link opens the Pell Grant Student Summary Report.
The Student Summary Report provides information for all students comparing ctcLink data to COD (DOE) data.
- Dif column(s) display any discrepancies for Originations and/or Disbursements, with an amount greater than zero
- Origination amounts reflect the annual amounts that the student is eligible for
- Disburse amounts represent what has been disbursed to date
- EFC and Verification values stored in ctcLink are also displayed
The following are two different versions of discrepancy reports
Selecting the CTC_PEL_RPTA Pell Student Discrepancy Report A link from the same Report Manager page displays a summary, by student, of any Pell discrepancies.
The Student Discrepancy Report A is an annual discrepancy report. The report contains 3 sections:
- The first section provides information only for students who have discrepancies between ctcLink data to COD (DOE) data. Dif column(s) display any discrepancies for Originations and/or Disbursements, with an amount greater than zero. At the end of the first section, totals are listed for originations and disbursements for both COD and ctcLink data.
- The second section lists students who have Pell Payment information in ctcLink, but no record included in the pgrcxxop.dat file (i.e. COD data).
- The third section lists students who have a record included in the pgrcxxop.dat file (i.e. COD data), but do not have Pell Payment information in ctcLink.
Selecting the CTC_PEL_RPTB Pell Student Discrepancy Report B link displays detailed information for students with Pell origination and/or disbursement on the Pell Student Discrepancy Report.
The Student Discrepancy Report B compares ctcLink data to COD (DOE) data for each term. This report contains the same three sections as Report A, the difference is that Report B also provides Offered and Disbursed Pell awards by term (pulled from ctcLink Award Page) as well as information from the Pell Disbursement Tab on Manage Pell Payment Page.
You have successfully run the Pell Reconciliation Process.
End of procedure.