Establish a Student/Parent Relationship for PLUS Loans
Purpose: Use this document as a reference on how to create a relationship between a student record and a parent record for PLUS loan processing using ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Aid staff
Establish a Student/Parent Relationship
Navigation: Main Menu > Campus Community > Personal Information > Biographical > Relationships
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter ID that belongs to the student (not the parent).
- Select Add button.
Enter the following information in the Relationships tab:
- On the Relationships tab, enter the Effective Date, which is usually the current date.
- Select the Active list item on the Status row.
- Enter the Related ID, which is the parent’s ID (not the student's) - Bio/demo information for the parent should then auto-populate in the fields below (ex: Name, Marital Status, National ID, etc).
- Select the appropriate Relationship value.
- Select the Guardian value, i.e., parent.
- Select the Relationship Address tab and verify mailing address and email is populated for the parent under the Related ID (or Name) section.
- Select the Save button.
You have successfully established a student/parent relationship. You can now add the parent record to the student's PLUS loan record.
End of procedure.