Comments - Adding a Comment to a Person 11g
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to add a comment to a person in ctcLink
Audience: Communication Builders
Comments can be assigned to an individual student or in a batch process using the 3Cs engine. The following instructions will help in assigning comments manually.
Navigation: Main Menu > Campus Community > Comments > Comments > Person > Person Comment Entry
- Existing comments can be viewed by searching for the student on the Find an Existing Value tab.
Based on access, comments may be edited or appended. Please review college policy and business practice regarding appropriate comments added to the student's official record.
Person Comment Entry
- To Enter a New Comment:
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Input Student ID.
- Click the Add button.
- Input the Following
- Administrative Function: Based on the Administrative Function selected a yellow Variable data box may be required, see below.
- Academic Institution.
- Comment Category.
- Comment ID: This will default to your ID, can be changed if you are adding a comment for another user.
- Department: Optional
- Comment Date: The date will default to today's date, this can be updated as needed.
- Comments: Type comments in the comments box .
- Click the yellow Variable Data button to enter additional fields.
- Variable Data links the comment to specific data points in the system. The fields required will change based on the Administrative function selected for the comment. For example: If ADMA is selected, the comment is linked to a specific admissions application in the system.
- Input Variable Data Fields as Required.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Save button.