Message Center - Delete Messages
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to delete Message Center messages in ctcLink.
Audience: Student Services Staff
Navigation: Menu > HighPoint Projects > Message Center > Processes > Delete Messages
There is not a way to recover or view deleted messages
- Use the Find an Existing Value tab to search for an existing Run Control ID, or create a new Run Control (step 2).
- To create a new Run Control:
- Click the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter a unique Run Control ID.
- Click Add.
- Identify as much of the message information as possible as described in sections below. * fields are required.
- Institution: Select from drop down
- Department: Select from drop down
- Additional Search Options: All other fields are optional, users can search by read/unread status, student name, ID, etc.
It is important to input the Subject exactly as used in the message. If message details are blank it will delete ALL messages that meet that criteria. Use the Open Thread Inquiry button to view all messages that meet the criteria defined before deleting the messages
4. Thread Information: All fields in this section are optional
- Open status indicates that the student has sent a reply and the thread is pending a response.
- Closed status allows users to view previously sent messages that did not allow students to respond or there is not a response needed.
- Created By: Input the ID of the person who sent the messages
- Created On: Add date and time details as available
Student Information: All fields in this section are optional
- Student ID
- First Name
- Last Name
Letter Code Information All fields in this section are optional
- Use this tool to select by specific letter code information used
- Show Thread Count: Click this to get a count of messages to be deleted
- Open Thread Inquiry: To open the Thread Inquiry page to view threads before they are deleted
- Report Only: If this box is selected the process will only pull a report and not delete the threads
Running the Delete Process
- Click Run
- Verify that the Message Remove process is selected and click OK
- Click the Process Monitor Link.
- When the Run Status displays as Success and the Distribution Status displays as Posted the process has been completed.
To verify student messages deleted, users can view the messages in the:
Student Services Center Main Menu → Campus Community → Student Services Center (Student)