Message Center - Delete Expired Messages in Batch
Purpose: This document reviews the process for deleting expired message center messages
Audience: Student Services Staff
Deleting Expired Messages
Navigation: HighPoint > Message Center > Processes > Delete Expired Threads
There is not a way to recover or view deleted messages.
Since this is a global process, this process will be scheduled by ERP support and not run by individual colleges. This QRG reviews the process for informational purposes only.
Expired Threads will still display in the Message Center box until this process is run. An expiration message will appear on the top right of the message for the student.
Running the Process
- Use the Find an Existing Value tab to search for an existing Run Control ID, or create a new one.
- To create a new Run Control: Click the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter a unique Run Control ID.
- Click the Add button.
- The page will display the number of messages that will be deleted.
- Click the Run button.
- Select Process and click OK.
- Click the Process Monitor link.
- When the Run Status displays as Success and the Distribution Status displays as Posted, the process has completed.