Message Center - Sending Message Notification Emails
Purpose: Use this QRG to send email notifications to students that they have a Message Center message
Navigation: Main Menu > HighPoint Projects > Send Emails > Send Emails
It is very important with this process to use the correct queries to identify the population of students. Please contact ERP support to verify query to be used to avoid duplicate notification emails being sent or notification emails being sent to students at other institutions.
Use the Find an Existing Value tab to search for an existing Run Control ID, or create a new one.
- To create a new Run Control: click the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter a unique Run Control ID.
- Click the Add button.
- Owner: Identify if the query is public or Private
- Query Name: Input or Look Up
- Email Field: Email_ADDR
- Update Prompts: If the Query has prompts, click the Update Prompts button to input prompt values, these values will display in the Prompt Values Section.
The email content sent here is not letter code specific. The message should be a general message letting students know that they should log into their student center to view their message center.
- Store Email History box : Select this box to be able to query the email information on the H_EMAIL_HIST table.
- Create Communications box: Select this box to assign a 3Cs communication to the student, this will open up additional selections to identify the 3Cs communication code for this code assignment.
- From: Input Email address that the student will view as the sender.
- Reply To: Input Email address that the student will reply to if they click reply on the email.
- Bounce To: Input Email address for undeliverable emails.
- Subject: Input the subject for the email.
- Institution: Select from Drop Down options.
- Message Text: Input email text.
Internal Links Information
This allows users to add PeopleSoft Internal Links, the link placeholders will need to be input into the message by placing the Link Placeholder in the Message Text above.
Running the Send Email Process
- Scroll to the top of the page, click the yellow Run button.
- Verify the Send Emails process is selected.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Process Monitor link.
- Click Refresh until the Run Status displays as Success and the Distribution Status displays as Posted, the process is complete.