Comments - Updating Comments for a Person 11g
Purpose: Use this document as reference for how to update comments for a person in ctcLink.
Audience: Communication Builders
Comments can be assigned to an individual student or in a batch process using the 3Cs engine. The following instructions will help when comments need to be edited or appended
Navigation: Main Menu > Campus Community > Comments > Comments > Person > Person Comment Entry
Based on the Comment Category set-up, comments may either be edited or appended. Comments can also be set to allow no changes and in these cases the comment would have no options available to update.
- Existing comments can be viewed by searching for the student on the Find an Existing Value tab.
Editing a Comment
- A comment that is editable DOES allow the user to change the comment that was previously entered without any history. In this case the Append Comments box would be grayed out.
- The user can simply edit the previous comment and Save the changes.
Appending a Comment
- A comment that is appendable DOES NOT allow the user to change the comment that was previously entered.
- Users would add details in the Append Comments box and Save the changes.
Once saved, appended comments appear as a part of the original comment box. There is not an automated date/user information on appended comments, and therefore it is a best practice to always input a date and user ID/name for the appended information as shown below.