Communications-Using the Reset Communications Process 11h
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for running the Reset Communication process
Audience: College Staff responsible for running the Communication Generation process
If the Communication Generation process that sends out the communications results in an error, the reset communication process can be used to reset the records to be processed so that they can be picked up once the error has been resolved. Before running this process it is advised to review the log files and resolve the error prior to running the Reset Communication process or Re-running the Communication Generation process.
Make note of the Process Instance number from your Communication Generation run control process, as this will be needed to run the Reset Communication process.
Navigation: Main Menu → Campus Community → Communications → Reset Communications
- If a run control is already created for this process, search for it under Find an Existing Value.
- If a run control has not been created:
- Click the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter a Run Control name.
- Click the Add button.
- Process Instance: Input Instance number from your Communication Generation process that failed.
- ID Selection: Select All Person IDs.
- Click the Run button.
- Click the OK button.
- A Process Instance will display, click Process Monitor link.
- Click Refresh until the Run Status is Success and the Distribution Status is Posted.
This process may take a few minutes to complete depending on the number of communications that need to be reset.
- User can now re-run the Communication Generation process by using the Communications - Assigning and Sending PeopleSoft Communications (3C Engine and Communication Generation) QRG.