Communications-Using the Delete Communications Process 11h
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for running the Delete Communication process
Audience: College Staff responsible for running the Communication Generation process
This process can be used to delete communications that have have been assigned but not completed in the system.
This process can't unsend emails that have already been sent, but it WILL DELETE the communication record and history from the communication management page. Users need to be very careful about the selection of users using the external file or query to select the right population for deletion.
Navigation: Main Menu → Campus Community → Communications → Delete Communications
- If a run control is already created for this process, search for it under Find an Existing Value.
- If a run control has not been created:
- Click the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter a Run Control name.
- Click the Add button.
- Input the following fields:
- Academic Institution: Input or Look Up.
- Administrative Function: Input function used for the letter being deleted.
- Category: Input category used for the letter being deleted.
- Context: Input context used for the letter being deleted.
- Letter Code: Input the letter code used for the letter being deleted.
- Date Range: Use the Date Range for the assigned communications.
Selection Tool: Select External File or PS Query.
- QCS_CC_COMMUNICATION_DELETE is a query that looks for incomplete communications by institution, letter code and communication date range.
- Click the Run button.
- Click the OK button.
- A Process Instance will display, click Process Monitor link.
- Click the Refresh button until the Run Status is Success and the Distribution Status is Posted.
This process may take a few minutes to complete depending on the number of communications that need to be deleted