Troubleshooting: BI Publisher Ribbon does not Appear
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for troubleshooting when the BI Publisher ribbon does not appear in Microsoft Word after download and installation.
Audience: Communication Builders
- If you have Office 2007 or earlier, the 32-bit version is required.
- If you have Office 2010:
- In Microsoft Word, select File then Help.
- The bit version is listed on the right-hand side.
- If you have Office 2013 or Office 2016:
- In Microsoft Word, select File then Account.
- Select About Word.
c. The bit version is listed in the upper left-hand corner.
- Close all instances of Microsoft Word.
- In the start menu, search for Enable or Disable Template Builder.
- Select the first Button1 button.
- Navigate from your local C: drive to the Program Files (x86) folder.
- Select Oracle.
- Select BI Publisher.
- Select BI Publisher Desktop.
- Select DotNetInstallFiles.
- Select setup.exe and follow prompts.
- In Microsoft Word, select File then Options.
- Select Add-Ins and verify BI Publisher is listed as an active item.
- If BI Publisher is not listed, use the drop-down Manage menu to select COM Add-ins then click the Go button.
- Ensure BI Publisher is checked and displays “Load at Startup”.
- If BI Publisher is not listed here, return to the Options Add-Ins window.
- Use the drop-down Manage menu to select Disabled and click the Go button.
- If BI Publisher is listed here, select then click the Enable button.