Role Security Analysis Using Launchpad
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to run security matrix using Launchpad
Audience: Campus Solutions College Security Administrators
Step 1 - Run a Security Matrix
Navigation: Main Menu> Launchpad > Launchpad
Please Note: Launchpad screens are different from Pillar to Pillar.
- Click on Launch Security Matrix
- Expand Portal Structure by clicking on the hyperlink.
- Click on the module you would like to download.
- Click on OK.
Observe that the Run Status is Queued and Distribution Status is N/A.
- Click on the Refresh button to refresh page and until the Run Status and shows Success and the Distribution Status shows Posted.
- Click on Details hyperlink.
- Select View Log/Trace hyperlink.
- Select the Records and Enrollment.csv file.
- Click Open.
Csv file opens into Excel.
- Use Save As to save to your computer.
- In column H are the roles that have been assigned navigation, pages, and actions to specific Roles. The N in th column denotes "No" permissions.
- In column G-Action, tells you what actions are available for the navigation and page.
Action Codes Descriptions
|U||Update/Display - add a new row|
|L||Update/Display All - historical rows of data|