Run the SEVIS Alerts Process 11m
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for running the SEVIS Alerts Process in ctcLink.
Audience: International Admissions Staff
Navigation: Main Menu → Campus Community → SEVIS → F/M Alerts → Process SEVIS F/M Alerts–F/M
This process identifies information that should be submitted to SEVIS regarding new students (F/M visas) or exchange visitors (J visas) and data changes for existing students or exchange visitors. The process also verifies SEVIS business rules, required fields, and certain eligibility edits.
- Enter an existing Run Control ID or Click the Add a New Value tab and create a new Run Control ID.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter Process Information.
- SEVIS School Code: Input or Look Up.
Validate SEVIS CIP Code: Select Yes or No.
- Select Yes for the alerts process to compare CIP codes against the corresponding CIP Code Table page.
- F Students: Enter the number of days after either the I-20 end date or the OPT end date has passed for a complete program event to appear on the Alerts page for an F-1 student (0-60).
- M Students:Enter the number of days after either the I-20 end date or the OPT end date has passed for a complete program event to appear on the Alerts page for an M-1 student. (0-30).
- Current Term: Enter or Look Up.
- Next Term: Enter or Look Up.
- As of Date: Enter date.
- Click the Run button.
- Select processes to run.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Process Monitor link.
- Verify the process completion.
- Run Status: Success
- Distribution Status: Posted