9.2 Running an nVision Report
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to run an nVision Report in ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Staff
The report instance and report layout features of PS/nVision saves you time in summarizing and entering data in a spreadsheet.
Prerequisite: You need to download and save the ‘DrillToPIA.xla’ file to the following location on your hard drive: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12\Library. Note: If you have OFFICE14 or OFFICE15, just replace the ‘12’ with the new number. If you have trouble finding the correct location, please call the Help Desk.
Navigation: Main Menu > Reporting Tools > PS/nVision > Define Report Request
Running an nVision Report
- Enter existing search criteria or click the Add a New Value tab on the Report Request page to add a new value.
- If the business unit did not automatically default, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Enter a meaningful Report ID for the report instance you are running in the Report ID field.
- Select the Add button.
- On the nVision Report Request tab, enter the report processing parameters.
Note: The Report Request will only need to be created once for each type of report to be run. Once a layout is attached to a report request in nVision, the same report request can be used for different values by changing the Scope of the report being requested.
Note: Scopes need to be developed for every report value needed.
- Enter an appropriate report title in the Report Title field.
Note: The name should be something relevant to the type of report you are running.
- Enter an appropriate name for the report file layout to be used in the Report Layout field.
Note: This is done only the first time a report request is created.
- Use the As Of Reporting Date drop-down value to make the report date selection; make the corresponding Tree As Of Date drop-down link selection.
- Use the Type drop-down button to select the report output option; make the corresponding Format drop-down button selection.
- Select the Scope and Delivery Template link.
- On the Process Scheduler Request window, define the scope of the report by entering or selecting the scope for the report you are setting up in the Report Scope field.
- Select the OK button.
- Select the Save button.
- Select the Run Report button.
- Use the Process Scheduler Request page to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format.
- Use the Server Name drop-down button to select the appropriate processing server for the request.
Note: You can leave the Server Name field blank.
- Select the OK button.
Note: A Process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check its status.
- Select the Process Monitor link.
- Use the Process List page to view the status of submitted process requests.
Note: The process has finished successfully when the Run Status column indicates ‘Success.’
- Select the Go back to Report Request link to access the Report Manager link so you can view the report.
- Select the Report Manager link.
- Select the Administration tab.
Note: Look for the Description of the document you gave above with the same process instance number which was just run. The Description is a link to the new report created.
- Select the Description link to see report.
- Select the Open option to continue opening the Excel file.
- Review the nVision report.