Creating an Online Check (Check Simulation) - 13f
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to create an online check (for simulations only) in ctcLink.
Audience: Payroll Administrators
NOTE: This process will generate a live check payment. You MUST delete the online check that generates at the end of this process if you don’t want this to pay.
Creating an Online Check (for simulation only)
Navigation: Main Menu > Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Create Online Check > Create Online Check
- Enter the Pay Period End Date.
- Enter the Empl ID.
- Click the Search button.
- If you wish to use the Paysheet Creation process to create data for this employee for online use, select Yes. Otherwise select No.
NOTE: Select this option to bring in existing pay data for the calculation.
- To Load available Time and Labor select Yes, otherwise, select No.
- If load Time and Labor is chosen, filter the earnings codes and the date range needed for this calculation, or leave this blank and click OK.
- Enter the Check Date and Check Number (Or let the system create the check number and leave the field blank).
- Check the OK to Pay box.
- Make any changes needed or select the Add a Row (+) button to add additional pay data.
- Enter Other Earnings, select the Code, enter the rate or amount, if needed.
- Click the Save and Calculate button to see the results of the check.
- To view the detailed Earnings, Deductions and Taxes, select the icon to expand the details.
- DO NOT select the Confirm and Print button. Use the print screen option to print.
- Once the results are reviewed, select the Delete button to delete the check data.
IMPORTANT: If the online check is not deleted here, an additional check will generate for this employee when the actual payroll process is run for all employees, causing this employee to be paid twice.