Processing an Overpayment Recovery (Check Cashed by Employee) - 13a
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for processing an overpayment where the check has been cashed by the employee. In ctcLink, the recovery is for the either the full amount of the overpayment or a partial recovery over multiple pay periods.
Audience: Payroll Administrator
Processing Overpayment Recovery
NOTE: In this scenario the original check issued has been cashed. The full amount of the recovery will come out of the employee’s next paycheck.
IMPORTANT: To recover an overpayment over multiple pay periods, divide the total overpayment gross amount by the number of pay periods to recover from and manually enter the recovery amount each pay period until the full amount has been recovered.
Navigation: Main Menu > Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Update Paysheets > By Payline
- Enter or select the Company.
- Enter Pay Period End Date.
- Enter the Empl ID.
- Click the Search button.
- Confirm the employee has enough positive earnings to recover the amount of the overpayment by reviewing the Payline Details earnings information.
- Click the Add a Row (+) button.
- Check the OK to Pay checkbox, if not already selected.
- Enter the Earnings Begin and Earnings End dates.
- Click the Code lookup icon and select the appropriate earnings code.
- Enter the negative Hours if necessary.
- Enter the negative earnings in the Amount field.
- Click the Save button.