Creating Pay Run IDs 13a
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to create Pay Run IDs in ctcLink. (Pay Run IDs for the following year are typically created prior to September 15th of the current year).
Audience: Payroll Administrator
Creating Pay Run IDs
Use the Pay Run Table page to create Pay Run IDs, which you will enter afterward in the Pay Calendar table to combine the respective pay groups for processing in a single payroll run.
Pay Run IDs should be created for the entire calendar year. They must be created before you can enter them on the pay calendar. The respective Pay Run ID must be assigned to each calendar entry before you run the payroll to process the pay groups together. See quick reference guide “Updating Pay Calendar Table” for information on making changes to pay calendar entries.
The naming convention for Pay Run IDs results in this format: MMXYYYYCCD (e.g. 08B2017220)
- MM-Calendar Month (e.g. January = 01, December = 12)
- X-Letter A or B to represent the 1st and 2nd half of the processing month (e.g. A period = 1-15th day of the month)
- YYYY- Calendar Year
- CCD - Company Code (e.g. 220 = Tacoma Community College)
Navigation: Main Menu > Set Up HCM > Product Related > Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing Controls > Pay Run Table
- Select Add a New Value tab.
- Enter the Pay Run ID to be added.
- Select Add.
- Enter the Description and Short Description of the Pay Run ID.
- Select Save.
NOTE: The Pay Calendar Data group box will display all pay groups from the pay calendar entries grouped under this Pay Run ID. After you enter the Pay Run IDs on the Pay Calendar table, return to this page to check the pay calendar data assigned to each Pay Run ID.
- You will need to repeat steps 2 through 4 to setup Pay Run ID for each payroll in the calendar year. Select Add button to begin that process.