Faculty Center/Advisor Center - My Advisees
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for accessing advisee information in ctcLink.
Audience: Faculty Advisors and Advisors
Navigation: Gateway → Faculty Center → Advisor Center
Note: The Advisor Center tab is only visible to faculty who are also advisors. The My Advisees section only displays if the advisor has been assigned advisees.
- The My Advisees tab lists all students actively assigned to an advisor.
- Advisee information can be sorted by clicking one of the table headings:
- View Student Details
- If an active email client is available (i.e. Outlook), clicking the student Name will open a new email window with the student email in the To: field.
- Clicking View Student Details will open the Student Center tab for that student.
- Click the icon for Advising Notes to enter or view additional information about the student’s advising history.
- A list of notes will display, click the Advising Notes icon to view a specific note.
- Click Create a Note to enter a new advising note and enter/select the following details:
- Note details (text entry)
- Add Action Item if appropriate
- Action Item Status and Due Date (optional)
- Add Attachment (optional)
- Click Submit to save the note.
- Notifications can be sent to selected students.
- Check the box in the Notify column to select specific students or click Notify all Advisees.
- Click Notify Selected Advisees.
- Enter the appropriate message in the Send Notification section.
- Click Send Notification to send the email.
- To search for other students that are not assigned to you, click the View Data for Other Students button.