Enter Ethnic Information 11c
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for entering ethnicity information in ctcLink.
Audience: College Staff responsible for maintaining student information.
Navigation: Main Menu → Campus Community → Personal Information → Biographical → Personal Attributes → Ethnicity
Note: Refer to institutional policy on recording ethnic groups.
To enter ethnicity information for a student:
- On the Ethnicity search page, enter search criteria such as Student ID or Name and click the Search button.
- If applicable, click the name of the person requiring an ethnicity information update on the search results list.
- On the Ethnicity page for the student, enter or edit the ethnicity information.
- Check the Person is Hispanic or Latino box, if appropriate. Then, select the appropriate ethnic group from the If Yes, select Ethnic Group drop-down box.
- If the person is NOT Hispanic or Latino, click the magnifying glass next to the Ethnic Group field in the Ethnicity section and select the appropriate Ethnic Group from the list.
- If the student belongs to more than one ethnic group, click the Add button and repeat Step 3 for each group.
- Check the Primary box for the ethnic group with which the student most directly identifies.
- Check the IPEDS box to indicate that the data has been submitted by a reliable source in accordance with IPEDS questions or application data.
- For each ethnic group listed, enter the percentage of the student’s ethnicity it represents.
- Click the Save button.