FERPA Quick Entry 11c
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for quick entry of FERPA data in ctcLink.
Audience: College Staff responsible for maintaining student information.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. Please review local institutional policy for information on using this page.
Navigation: Main Menu → Campus Community → Personal Information → Biographical → Person FERPA → FERPA Quick Entry
- On the FERPA Quick Entry page, enter appropriate search criteria and click the Search button.
- If needed, click the name of the person for whom to enter FERPA information on the search results list.
- On the student’s FERPA Quick Entry page, select the categories or data types for which the student wishes to restrict information.
- To restrict or release all information, click the Restrict All or Release All buttons, this can be done for all categories at the top of the page or by category at the bottom of each category.
- When a category or data type restriction is selected, a Release to Publication links appear to the right of each item. To allow data to be released to specific publications, click this link and select the publications from the drop-down box.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.