Exporting Data to SEVIS 11m
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for Exporting SEVIS data inctcLink.
Audience: International Admissions Staff
Navigation: Main Menu → Campus Community → SEVIS → F/M Alerts → Export SEVIS Events-F/M
Run the SEVIS Export process for the appropriate visa types. For events where the Send To field is set to SEVIS, the export process generates an XML file compliant with the SEVIS XML schema.
- Enter an existing Run Control ID or Click the Add a New Value tab and create a new Run Control ID.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter Process Information.
- SEVIS School Code: Input or Look Up
- DSO EMPLID - optional
- File Path: A file path will be assigned to each college for this process, please contact college help desk for file path details.
- Click the Run button.
- From Process List, select process by clicking on box.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Process Monitor Link.
- Verify the process completion.
- Run Status: Success
- Distribution Status: Posted
- Click the Details link.
- Open ccsevext file to find file name.
- Navigate to Main Menu→ PeopleTools→ CTC Custom→ Extensions→ Upload/Download Files
- Input the file name.
- Click the Download File button.
- To Upload the document to SEVIS
- To upload the generated XML files to SEVIS, you must use a utility that supports secure sockets layer (SSL) and HTTPS. The XML batch document upload process is completed outside the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions system using the utility program of your choice. Consult the U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) web site for information regarding digital certificate registration and batch file transmission.
- See Reference Manual for the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System Batch Interface, Application Program Interface (API)http://www.ice.gov/sevis/schools/batch.htm