Adjust Asset Information - 24b
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for adjusting asset information in ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Asset Manager, Facilities Asset Manager
The Asset Cost Adjust/Transfers page can be used to correct asset information errors.
Navigation: Main Menu > Asset Management > Asset Transactions > Financial Transactions > Cost Adjust/Transfer Asset
Adjusting Asset Information
- Use the Asset Cost Adjust/Transfer page to enter search criteria for the asset:
- If it did not default, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Enter the asset in the Asset Identification field. Note: If you don’t know the asset ID, you can continue to enter search criteria, and after clicking the Search button, select the appropriate Asset Identification number from the list provided.
- Enter any other information that you have and then click the Search button.
Note: The search results takes you directly to the Main Transactions page for the selected asset.
- Use the Main Transaction page to perform a financial transaction on an asset:
- Use the Action drop-down button to select the ‘Adjustment’ option.
- Click the GO! button.
Note: If the asset you are adjusting is a parent or child asset, you will receive a message letting you know that there is an associated asset. Click the Ok button to acknowledge the message.
- Use the Cost Information page to enter or adjust the cost information required by the transaction that you initiated from the Main Transaction page:
- If necessary, adjust the quantity in the Quantity field.
- Enter the new adjusted cost of the asset in the Cost field.
- Click the Apply button.
Note: The system automatically adjusts the values in the Quantity and Cost fields by the amounts specified in the Adjust All Rows By fields.
- Click the Save button.
Next, navigate to the Cost History List page to review the asset information.
Navigate: Main Menu > Asset Management > Asset Transactions > History > Review Cost
Reviewing Asset Cost History
- Use the Cost History List page to view the history of an asset's transactions.
Note: The page displays the total quantity and cost adjusted for this asset. The quantity and cost are adjusted in all cost rows.