Using the Disposal Worksheet to Retire Assets - 24g
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for using the Disposal Worksheet to retire assets in ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Asset Manager, Facilities Asset Manager
The Disposal Worksheet is used to identify and submit assets for disposal.
Navigation: Asset Management > Asset Transactions > Asset Disposal > Disposal Worksheet
Using the Disposal Worksheet to Retire Assets
- Use Asset Search Criteria section of the Disposal Worksheet page to enter search criteria to select assets to submit for retirement. The Disposal Worksheet page provides numerous selection options to retrieve assets for retirement. Assets that are available for retrieval are determined by asset ownership and user ID.
- If it didn’t default, enter the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Enter or select the appropriate category in the Category field.
- Click the Retrieve button.
Note: The system retrieved all assets based on your search criteria.
- Select the checkbox in the Dispose column for those assets that you want to select to dispose. If you want to select them all, you can click the Select All button.
- Enter the Retirement Date and the Accounting Date. They do not have to be the same date. If desired, select a Disposal Code. The Disposal Code is not required. You can apply the dates and Disposal Code to all selected assets by clicking the Set All button.
- Navigate to the Retirement Information tab and enter the Retire Quantity, and any proceeds or retirement costs associated with each selected asset. You can also select a different Disposal Code for each asset on this tab. There is a Detail link at the far right of the grid that you can drill into more detail about the asset, including the associated Chartfields used for accounting entries.
- Navigate to the Optional Accounting Information tab and select a Trans Code. The available Trans Codes are PROP for assets recorded in Proprietary Funds (Fund Codes beginning with '4xx' or '5xx') and GOVT for assets recorded in Fund 997. The Trans Code selected drives the accounting entries, and the accounting is different for Proprietary assets than it is for Governmental assets. If no value is selected, the Disposal transactions will cause the disposal to fail downstream processes.
- Click the Submit for Disposal button to save the retirement information.
- Click the OK button to acknowledge the warning message.
Once you click OK, the retirement information is loaded into the interface tables. The next step is to review the interfaced data and load the transactions into Asset Management. Follow the QRG "Review and Load AM Interface Data".