Reinstating Assets - 24g
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for reinstating assets in ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Asset Manager, Facilities Asset Manager
Occasionally, a retired asset needs to be reinstated. ctcLink Asset Management enables you to reinstate retired assets. Asset Management will then update the appropriate depreciation tables with the newly reinstated asset information.
Navigation: Main Menu > Asset Management > Asset Transactions > Asset Disposal > Retire/Reinstate Asset
- Use the Asset Retirements page to enter search criteria for the asset:
- If it did not default, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Enter the asset information in the Asset Identification field.
- Enter any other information that you have and then click the Search button.
- Choose the previously retired Asset ID. Because this asset was already retired, the Reinstate button is active.
- Click the Reinstate button.
- Click the Save button.
Note: The system updated the asset status or tag to ‘In Service.’