Processing Depreciation Calculation - 24e
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for processing depreciation calculation for an asset in ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Asset Manager, Facilities Asset Manager
Whenever you perform a transaction against an asset, you need to calculate the depreciation for the asset to account for the transaction. ctcLink Asset Management enables you to calculate depreciation across several different scenarios, depending on the depreciation attributes that you select. For example, when you adjust or recategorize an asset, the Depreciation Calculation process transfers the stored depreciation amounts from the original category to the new category, depending on the transaction that you are performing and the ChartFields that you have specified.
Navigation: Main Menu > Asset Management > Depreciation > Processing > Calculate
Processing Depreciation Calculation
- Enter an existing Run Control ID or click the Add a New Value tab on the Depreciation Calculation page to add a new value.
- Enter a meaningful Run Control ID for the accounting entry creation process in the Run Control ID field.
Note: A Run Control ID is an identifier that, when paired with your User ID, uniquely identifies the process that you are running. The Run Control ID defines parameters that are used when a process is run. These parameters ensure that when a process runs in the background, the system does not prompt you for additional values.
- Click the Add button.
- Use the Depreciation Calculation page to enter the request parameters. These parameters will be used to define the processing rules and data to be included when the process is run.
- Use the Process Frequency drop-down button to select the ‘Always’ option.
- If it did not already default, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Enter or select the appropriate asset book name in the Book Name field.
- Enter or select the asset number in the From Asset ID field. Use the From Asset ID field to define the beginning range of asset ID numbers that this depreciation calculation will be run against.
- Enter or select the asset number in the To Asset ID field. Use the To Asset ID field to define the ending range of asset ID numbers that this depreciation calculation will be run against.
- Click the Run button.
- Use the Process Scheduler Request page to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format.
- Use the Server Name drop-down button to select the appropriate processing server for the request.
Note: You can leave the field blank.
- Click the OK button.
Note: A Process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check its status.
- Click the Process Monitor link.
- Use the Process List page to view the status of submitted process requests.
Note: The process has finished successfully when the Run Status column indicates ‘Success.’