Closing Depreciation - 24f
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for closing depreciation for a period in ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Asset Manager, Facilities Asset Manager
Run the Depreciation Close process (AM_DPCLOSE) to generate period depreciation entries for all depreciable assets in a particular accounting period, including lease payments and offset accounts for the period. You can run this process only for accounting periods that have not yet been closed in Asset Management.
Run this process only once for each accounting period, and only after all of the transaction activity for the period has been completed.
Navigation: Main Menu > Asset Management > Accounting Entries > Close Depreciation
- Enter an existing Run Control ID or click the Add a New Value tab on the Depreciation Close page to add a new value.
- Enter a meaningful Run Control ID for the accounting entry creation process in the Run Control ID field.
Note: A Run Control ID is an identifier that, when paired with your User ID, uniquely identifies the process that you are running. The Run Control ID defines parameters that are used when a process is run. These parameters ensure that when a process runs in the background, the system does not prompt you for additional values.
- Click the Add button.
- Use the Depreciation Close page to enter the request parameters. These parameters will be used to define the processing rules and data to be included when the process is run.
- Use the Process Frequency drop-down button to select the ‘Always’ option.
- If it did not already default, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Enter or select the appropriate asset book name in the Book Name field.
- Enter or select the accounting year to be closed in the Fiscal Year field.
- Enter or select the appropriate period in the Period field.
- Click the Run button.
- Use the Process Scheduler Request page to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format.
- Use the Server Name drop-down button to select the appropriate processing server for the request.
Note: You can leave the Server Name field blank.
- Click the OK button.
Note: A Process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check its status.
- Click the Process Monitor link.
- Use the Process List page to view the status of submitted process requests.
Note: The process has finished successfully when the Run Status column indicates ‘Success.’
Use the Close Accounting Period page (DEPR_CLOS_PD) to close accounting periods to ensure that you do not make any new transactions in the period.
Navigation: Asset Management > Accounting Entries > Close Accounting Period > Close Accounting Period
Enter the year and period to be closed, and save the page. When a period has been closed, you cannot create additional depreciation-related accounting entries for that period.