Creating a Purchase Order for an Asset - 24a
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for creating a purchase order for an asset in ctcLink.
Audience: Financial Asset Manager, Facilities Asset Manager
ctcLink Asset Management can interface with other ctcLink products to exchange information efficiently. For example, you can use Purchasing to create a Purchase Order for an asset and later add the asset from the existing purchase order and receipt.
Navigation: Main Menu > Purchasing > Purchase Orders > Add/Update POs
See also the QRG in the Purchasing manual titled Creating a Purchase Order - 4f.
Creating a Purchase Order for an Asset
- Use the Add a New Value tab of the Purchase Order page to enter add a new value:
- If it did not default, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Unless your business processes tells you differently, leave “NEXT” in the PO ID field.
- Click the Add button.
- Use the Purchase Order page to add purchase order information:
- Enter or select the appropriate supplier in the Supplier ID field.
- If you need to, you can change the Buyer in the Buyer field. If you do change the buyer, you will get a warning message, “that doing so will change the default ShipTo ID, etc. continue to retrofit the default values?” Click the OK button to continue.
- Continue to use the Purchase Order page to add purchase order information:
- Enter or select the purchase order item in the Item field.
- Enter the item quantity in the PO Qty field.
- Enter or select the item unit of measure in the UOM field (This should pre-fill based on the item selected).
- Enter the cost of the asset in the Price field.
- Click the Schedule button.
- (This is carried forward from the purchase order line item.) Use the Schedules page to ensure that ship-to locations are correct, due dates, comments, sales/use tax, miscellaneous charges, price adjustments, and multiple distributions per schedule within a purchase order line.
- Click the Distributions/ChartFields button.
- Use the Distributions page to define distributions for each purchase order schedule (This is carried forward from the purchase order line item).
- Click the Asset Information tab.
- Use the Asset Information tab to identify the business unit and the profile ID:
- Enter or select the appropriate business unit in the AM Unit field.
- Enter or select the appropriate asset profile in the Profile ID field.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Save button.
- Click theReturn to Main Page link.
Note: The PO ID field now has the PO number assignment.
- Once the PO is budget checked and approved, the Dispatch button will become active and you can use it to print, email, fax, etc. the PO.