Review and Load AM Interface Data - 24a
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for reviewing and loading AM Interface Data from external sources, such as AP/PO.
Audience: Finance Staff
The AM Interface Staging Table Review Screens
Navigation: Main Menu > Asset Management >Send/Receive Information > Interface Transactions > Review
The screen shown above allows you to review the asset entry’s information in the AM Interface Staging tables; these are the final staging tables data resides in prior to being created as Asset entries in the AM module. As with the earlier interface table, you can filter your search results by Business Unit and Load Status to only return “Pending” items for your college.
The Load Transactions into AM Staging Process
Navigation: Main Menu > Asset Management > Send/Receive Information > Load into AM
This process will move any Pending items in the AM Interface Staging table to the AM module as Asset entries.
- Enter an existing Run Control ID or click the Add a New Value tab on the Load Assets Request page to add a new value.
- Enter a meaningful Run Control ID for the accounting entry creation process in the Run Control ID field.
Note: A Run Control ID is an identifier that, when paired with your User ID, uniquely identifies the process that you are running. The Run Control ID defines parameters that are used when a process is run. These parameters ensure that when a process runs in the background, the system does not prompt you for additional values.
- Select the Add button.
- Use the Load into AM page to enter the request parameters. These parameters will be used to define the processing rules and data to be included when the process is run. You can use the Find Trans Load ID section to search for pending Interface IDs.
- Enter an appropriate value in the Request ID field.
- Use the Process Frequency drop-down button to select the ‘Always Process’ option.
- Enter the Interface ID and To Interface ID values from the Find Trans Load ID section.
- Enter or select you AM Business Unit.
- Select the Run button.
- Use the Process Scheduler Request page to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format.
- Use the Server Name drop-down button to select the appropriate processing server for the request.
Note: You can leave the Server Name field blank.
- Select the OK button.
Note: A Process Instance number appears when the screen refreshes to the run control page. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check its status.
- Select the Process Monitor link to check the status of the process. The process has finished successfully when the Run Status column indicates 'Success'.