Creating Accounting Entries - 24a
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for creating accounting entries
Audience: Financial Asset Manager, Facilities Asset Manager
Navigation: Main Menu > Asset Management > Accounting Entries > Create Accounting Entries
- Enter an existing Run Control ID or click the Add a New Value tab on the Accounting Entry Creation page to add a new value.
- Enter a meaningful Run Control ID for the accounting entry creation process in the Run Control ID field.
Note: A Run Control ID is an identifier that, when paired with your User ID, uniquely identifies the process that you are running. The Run Control ID defines parameters that are used when a process is run. These parameters ensure that when a process runs in the background, the system does not prompt you for additional values.
- Click the Add button.
- Use the Create Accounting Entries page to enter the request parameters. The system will use these parameters to define the processing rules and data to be included when the process is run.
- Use the Process Frequency drop-down button to select the ‘Always’ option.
- If it did not already default, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Enter or select "WACTC" in the Book Name field.
- Use the From Asset ID field to define the beginning range of asset ID numbers that this process will be run against. Enter the desired information into the From Asset ID field.
- Use the To Asset ID field to define the ending range of asset ID numbers that this process will be run against. Enter the desired information into the To Asset ID field.
- Click the Run button.
The From Asset ID and To Asset ID fields can be left blank to process all pending assets.
- Use the Process Scheduler Request page to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format.
- Use the Server Name drop-down button to select the appropriate processing server for the request.
- Click the OK button.
Note: A Process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check its status.
- Click the Process Monitor link.
- Use the Process List page to view the status of submitted process requests.
- The current status of the process is Queued. The process is finished when the status is Success.
- Continue to click the Refresh button until the status is Success.