Create a Payment via Express Payment - 10h
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for creating an Express Payment in ctcLink.
Audience: Accounts Payable staff
There are many payment creation methods available in ctcLink. This guide will help you create an Express Payment. Express Payments run an immediate pay cycle. Note that you can only work with one or more vouchers from a single supplier at a time and only one payment to that supplier can be generated.
Creating an Express Payment
Navigation: Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry
- On the Voucher page, click the Find an Existing Value tab.
- Enter a Voucher ID or search for a voucher to pay via Express Payment.
- Click the Search button and select a voucher.
- Click the Payments tab.
- Click the Express Payment link.
- In the Select Voucher section, first select a Server and then click the Create Payment button.
- In the Pay Cycle Status section, click the Refresh button until the Status changes from Running to Approved
- If you want to review the Trial Register:
- Click the Trial Register link.
- Create or select a run control.
- Select the standard Pay Cycle provided by SBCTC.
- Click the Run button.
- Select the Trial Register process and click the OK button.
- Click the link to Report Manager.
- Click the Administration tab.
- Click the PDF job output representing the AP Trial Payment Register (it will open in a new window).
- Click the Go back to Trial Register link to return to the Run Control page.
- Click the Pay Cycle Manager link to return to the Pay Cycle Manager.
- In the Pay Cycle Results section, there will be a process row with a description of Produce Positive Payment File. On that row, select a Server. The Output Destination will default.
- Click the Process button.
- In the Pay Cycle Status section, click the Refresh button until the Status changes from Running to Formatted.
- A third process, Produce Positive Payment will then be available. Click the Process button to produce the positive payment file.
- Back in the Pay Cycle Status section, click the Refresh button until the Status changes to Completed. Note that payments must be posted – refer to the Posting Payments QRG.