Entering Regular Vouchers - 10a (VC17)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to enter regular vouchers into ctcLink
Audience: AP Staff
Navigation: Main Menu > Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry
- Enter the appropriate information into the Short Supplier Name field.
- Enter the appropriate information into the Invoice Number field.
- Enter the appropriate information into the Invoice Date field.
- Enter the appropriate information into the Gross Invoice Amount field.
- Enter Sales tax or Freight or Miscellaneous details, if applicable.
- If you do not have any Tax make sure to check the Tax Exempt checkbox, otherwise Use Tax will accrued.
- Click the Add button.
- Use the Invoice Information page to enter invoice information, including invoice header information, non-merchandise charges, and voucher line and distribution information.
- Keep the Accounting Date as default or enter the specific Accounting Date if applicable.
- Enter the appropriate information in the Pay Terms field. The payment term default.
- Use the Distribute By field to determine the distribution method, either Amount or Quantity. The default is Amount only. If Distribute By is "Quantity" then enter the appropriate information in the Quantity and UOM fields.
- Enter the appropriate information into the Description field, if Item Details information is unknown.
- Enter the ChartField distribution details that will be charged with the expense coded on the distribution line.
- Use the GL Unit field to enter or select the General Ledger business unit that will be charged with the expense coded on the distribution line.
- Use the Account field to allocate this charge to an account within your organization. In this example, the charge is assigned to the Entertainment/Meal account. Enter the desired information into the Account field.
- Click the Payments tab/link.
- Use the Payments page to change the payment schedule, schedule multiple payments, schedule direct payment to an alternate supplier and supplier location, record a manual payment, or create an express payment.
- The Remit to field displays the supplier ID of the remit to supplier for the payment. The system enables you to override the default choices for remit to supplier, location, and address.
Note: Please make sure that Remit to Address appears correctly as this is the address that is going to print in Check. If the address is not correct here, please correct the address.
- Use the Bank field to specify the bank from which the payment is issued. The values for this field appears by default from the control hierarchy, but you may override these settings.
- Use the Account field to specify the bank account from which the payment is issued. The values for this field appears by default from the control hierarchy, but you may override these settings.
- Use the Method field to specify a payment method for the voucher.
- Use the Handling field to select a payment handling code. Each payment handling code has a sort sequence related to it that determines the order in which it prints. Checks are printed according to the sort sequence in ascending order: the lower the sort sequence number, the higher the sort priority.
- The Netting field displays the status for the netting auto selection process.
- Use the Action field to specify the payment action. Choose from: Schedule, Record, Cancelled, Escheated or Prepaid.
- Click the Voucher Attributes tab/link.
- Use the Voucher Attributes page to view and, if applicable, override the default transaction currency processing, the match status, the voucher approval setting, voucher processing options, tax group, and accounting instructions. Where applicable you can also pay unmatched vouchers and access SBI (Self Billing Invoice), prepayment, and Letter of Credit information on this page.
- Use the Template field to identify the accounting entry template that is associated with this voucher. The accounting entry template controls the offset accounts such as: sales tax, freight, and discount accounts.
- The Status field displays the current matching status of the voucher. You can change the match status, but what you can change varies depending on where the voucher is in the matching process.
- Use the Source list to specify the source of the currency exchange rate.
- Use the Approval list to set the approval status of the voucher.
- Click the Save button.
- Notice that the Voucher ID changes from NEXT to a number generated by the system when you save your information. Three new tabs also appear after clicking save. These tabs display information related to the voucher.
- You have successfully entered a regular voucher.