Creating Manual Payments - 10h
Purpose: Use this document to create a manual payment in ctcLink.
Audience: Finance Staff/Accounts Payable Staff
Navigation: Main Menu > Accounts Payable > Payments > Manual Payment and Prepayment > Create Manual Payment
- Enter valid value in the Bank Code field.
- Enter valid value in the Bank Account field.
- Click Add.
- Enter valid value in the Remit Supplier field.
- Enter valid value in the Payment Currency field.
- Click the Build Worksheet button.
Select the Match Currency option if you want the system to return scheduled payments with the same payment currency. If you do not selct this option, the system returns all eligible scheduled payments for the remit supplier regardless of their payment currency and converts them to the selected supplier's currrency.
Select the Withholding Calculated option if you want the manual payment worksheet functionality to return only those vouchers for the remit supplier that have had withholding calculated (meaning, those vouchers for which withholding has been calculated at voucher posting time and have been posted).
If this option is not selected, all vouchers for the remit supplier are available on the manual payment worksheet excluding all paid payment schedules and vouchers that are set to have withholding calculated at voucher posting and have not yet been posted.
Use the fields in the Optional Criteria group box to limit the vouchers that the system returns. For example, you can limit the search to vouchers with the same pay to bank or to vouchers with specific scheduled pay dates.
Use the Build Worksheet button to create a temporary worksheet for the manual draft payment, based on the remit supplier, supplier location, and payment currency that you specified.
NOTE: Only scheduled voucher payments that are regular vouchers, registered vouchers, reversal vouchers, third-party vouchers, or adjustment vouchers are returned for application to manual payments.
- Use the Payment Date field to record the actual payment date.
- The Accounting Date field holds the posting date.
- The Payment Reference will default to NEXT to generate a new number at save time based on the next sequential number in the bank account.
- Click the Apply Voucher tab.
Use the Apply Voucher page to apply scheduled vouchers to the manual payment. *NOTE: the fields in this section have the same functionality as on the Manual Pay Selection page. Use them to further limit the vouchers that appear based on the payment date range and currency of the payment.
Click any of the voucher IDs listed to access the Voucher Inquiry page for that voucher.
- Click the Select option on the first row.
- Apply the selected manual payment and recalculate the total applied and balance amounts.
- Click Refresh.
- Click the Man Pay Worksheet tab.
- Use the Man Pay Worksheet (manual pay worksheet) page to enter manual payment information.
- Enter valid value in the Amount field.
- Click Refresh.
This field displays the difference between the manual payment amount and the total amount of the applied scheduled payments.
NOTE: The manual payment is only created in the PAYMENT_TBL when the balance is 0.00, that is, when the payment is fully applied to scheduled payments. Otherwise, only the manual payment worksheet is saved.
- Click Save.
- Click OK.