Creating a Voucher from a PO
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to enter regular vouchers using a PO into ctcLink
Audience: Finance Staff
Navigation: Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry
- Enter the appropriate information into the Business Unit field.
- Enter the appropriate information into the Voucher Style field.
- Select the ADD button.
- Use the Invoice Information page to open the Copy From Source Document section of the page.
- Enter Source PO Unit and PO Number.
- Select the Copy PO button.
Note: You cannot copy from a purchase order that is associated with a PCard transaction. When you use the PO worksheet copy functionality, the system always uses the first listed PO to derive payment term information, regardless of whether you define only one PO or multiple POs. It does not derive payment term information from the PeopleSoft Payables default hierarchy.
- On the Invoice Information tab, enter the Invoice Number, Date and Received Date.
- If you do not have any Tax make sure to check the Tax Exempt checkbox, otherwise Use Tax will be accrued.
- Keep the Accounting Date as default or enter the specific Accounting Date if applicable.
The rest of the information in the remaining fields have been copied from the PO.
- Supplier ID
- Pay Terms
- Invoice Lines
- Distribution Lines
- Select the Payments tab.
- Use the Payments page to change the payment Schedule Due.
- The Remit to field displays the supplier ID of the remit to supplier for the payment. The system enables you to override the default choices for remit to supplier, location, and address.
- Use the Bank field to specify the bank from which the payment is issued. The values for this field appears by default from the control hierarchy, but you may override these settings.
- Use the Account field to specify the bank account from which the payment is issued. The values for this field appears by default from the control hierarchy, but you may override these settings.
- Use the Method field to specify a payment method for the voucher.
- Use the Handling field to select a payment handling code. Each payment handling code has a sort sequence related to it that determines the order in which it prints. Checks are printed according to the sort sequence in ascending order: the lower the sort sequence number, the higher the sort priority.
Use the Action field to specify the payment action.
For this example, accept the default selection.
- Select the Voucher Attributes tab.
Use the Voucher Attributes page to view and, if applicable, override the default
- Transaction currency processing
- Voucher Processing options
- Tax group
- Accounting instructions
- The Status field displays the current matching status of the voucher. You can change the match status, but what you can change varies depending on where the voucher is in the matching process.
- Select the Add button.
- Notice that the Voucher ID changes from NEXT to a number generated by the system when you save your information. Three new tabs also appear after selecting save. These tabs display information related to the voucher.
- You have successfully created a voucher from a PO.