Entering Pending Receivables - 20e
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to Enter Pending Receivables in ctcLink.
Audience: AR Specialist
Entering Pending Receivables
Navigation: Main Menu> Accounts Receivable> Pending Items> Online Items> Group Entry
- Click the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter your district's business unit as the Group Unit (it may be prefilled).
- Leave the Group ID as “Next” (unless local business practice dictates otherwise).
- Click the Add button.
- On the Group Control page:
- Select an Accounting Date (the current date will be prefilled).
- Select B (Billing) for the Group Type.
- Select OBILL (Online Billing) for the Origin ID.
- In the Control Totals section:
- Enter an amount in the Control field. This should be the sum of all pending items in the group.
- Enter a value for the Count field. This should be the total number of pending items in the group.
- In the Currency section enter USD into the Control field.
- Click the Pending Item 1 tab.
- Enter each pending item as follows:
- Enter a value for Item ID. Local business practice should inform your decision.
- Select the Customer (if you enter the Amount first, the selection of the customer will clear it out).
- Enter an Amount for the item.
- Select IN (Invoice) as the Entry Type.
- If appropriate, and if local business practice dictates; select an entry Reason.
- Save. A unique Group ID will be assigned if the previous value was NEXT.
- To add an additional pending item, click the icon in the Pending Item Entry section.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 until all items have been entered and you are ready to process the group.
- Navigate back to the Group Control page by clicking its tab.
- Update the ControlTotal and Count.
- The Difference field in the Group Totals section should be zero.
- Click the Group Action tab. On the Group Action page:
- Click the Balance button. The Balanced field in the Group Status section of the Group Control page will change from No to Yes (if the group is in balance).
- Click the Create Entries button.
- The above action will generate accounting for all items in the group.
- The system will shift navigation to the Accounting Entries page.
- On the Accounting Entries page:
- Click View All to display all accounting lines. Each pending item in the group will have a debit and a credit distribution line.
- Configure the accounting for the credit line (the revenue distribution). The credit line will show a negative amount and will have a dropdown box for the Type field (with the value User indicating a User-defined configuration).
- Scroll to the far right of the Distribution Lines box to reveal the Speed Type button located on the credit line.
- Click the Speed Type button to reveal a new SpeedType field.
- Click the lookup for the SpeedType field and select a value. Speed Types are pre-configured and named ChartField strings. The above action will re-generate the accounting string for the credit line according to the configuration of the Speed Type selected.
- After you have configured each credit line using the appropriate Speed Type selection, save. Note that the debit lines inherit additional ChartField values from their associated credit lines.
- Click back to the Group Action page.
- Select Batch Standard as the Posting Action and click OK.
- Be sure to click the OK button after selecting a Posting Action; simply saving the form will NOT update the posting status.
- When the AR Update process next runs, all pending items in the group will become open; posted to their prospective customer accounts.When Journal Generate next runs, the accounting will be posted to the GL.