Reviewing External Items - 20a
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to review external items in ctcLink.
Audience: AR Specialists
To review pending (unposted) external receivables:
Navigation: Main Menu > Accounts Receivable > Pending Items > External Items > Group Entry
- Enter your district's business unit as the Group Unit (it may be prefilled).
- Select the Group ID requiring review from the Load AR Pending Items job output (See Billing QRG: Finalize Bills).
- Click Search.
- On the Group Control page:
- An OriginID of PS_BI indicates that the items have come from the Billing module.
- Review the Control Totals.
Note that the Balanced field (in the Group Status section) has a value of No.
- Click the Group Action tab. Note that the Create Entries button is not available. Items that come from billing should come into AR with their accounting already generated.
- Click the Balance button. The Balanced field in the Group Status section of the Group Control page will change to Yes.
- If the Posting Status in not already set to Batch Standard, click the Batch Standard button.
Items with a Posting Status of Batch Standard will be posted to the appropriate customer accounts when AR Update next runs. At that point the items will be Open rather than Pending.
- Click the Accounting Entries tab.
- Click View All and review the accounting lines.
To review open (posted) external items
Navigation: Main Menu Accounts Receivable Customer Accounts Item Information Item Activity from a Group
- Enter your district's business unit into both the Group Unit and the Business Unit fields (they may be prefilled).
- Select the Group ID you wish to review.
- Click Search. (If you don’t receive a matching value, insure that AR Update has run, and that the Posting Status of the group is “Complete.”)
- Review the associated open items on the customer accounts.